Friday, March 02, 2007

Yesterday's Appointment


Well, the doctor didn't tell me exactly what I wanted to hear, but I'm basically convinced that I am not a gestational diabetic. He did a blood test 2 weeks ago (hemoglobin a1c) that tests my glucose level over the last 3 months. The results came back normal. I have only been doing the GD diet for 4 weeks, so the two months before that I was also normal. This definitely shows me that I'm okay. I think my body's just a bit sluggish in the morning.
He wants me to "keep doing what I'm doing" because I "look great." To me, this means watching the morning and not worrying too much about the afternoon and evening. I've been eating "normally" and then later counting my carbs, and I've still be under, even while eating more than my "alloted" carbs. I go back in 2 weeks for my 36 week appointment, and then every week after that. I don't think I'll make it to many of those weekly appointments, but we'll see. Sarah may surprise us.

On a side note, we are taking Bekah to Disney on Ice tomorrow afternoon!! We are really excited!! Bekah has no idea, but we know she's going to love it. She loves all the Disney characters. WE will post pictures tomorrow when we get home.

The above picture is of Bekah eating cake at the little shower my team at school had for me. We got many diapers, wipes, and springy/summery outfits since Sarah will be a completely different size at that point. We have EVERTHING else!!! I will never have to buy a onesie or sleeper. Bekah had soooo many!!

No comments: