Wednesday, February 28, 2007

34 weeks


34 weeks with Sarah. I feel like she dropped over night. (Do you think I'm bigger this time?)

I have only gained 1 pound over the last 4 weeks ( I was up to 22 lbs, lost 2 when I started the Gestational Diabetes stuff, and recently have gained one of the those pounds back. That puts me at 21 pounds for the pregnancy. I don't know if I'm gonna make it to where I was with Bekah. I gained 26 with her, but I don't think I'm going to gain 5 pounds in the next few weeks.)

The only reason I've gained 1 pound back is because I modified the GD diet. I started noticing that when I followed the diet to the T I was at fasting level when I tested an hour later. (except in the morning. I think my body is just a bit sluggish in the morning to accept the insulin) Because of this, I've been eating more carbs and still maintaining my glucose level. I really don't think I have GD.

The doctor drew blood 2 weeks ago to see my glucose over the last 3 months, so I'm hoping tomorrow he'll say that I'm right and I can just be careful in the mornings and stop testing altogether. Whatever happens, happens though, and I know that it will best for Sarah.

No comments: