Saturday, November 11, 2006

What a Night!!!


Last night, Bobby and I went on a date. If you know us well, you're probably wondering how this happened. It was a Friday night. Bobby always works on Friday nights. Well, each year, Bobby gets 5 discrentionary days/personal days. They run out/start over each year. Bobby hadn't used 2 of his soon because he won't be able to use them between Thanksgiving and Christmas. They are tooooo busy!! Because of this, he took 2 nights off this week. It was really nice!
Last night, our friend Jean came over and watched Bekah so we could go out. We went and saw The Pirates of the Caribbean 2 finally. After it was over, depending on what Bekah was doing, we were going to grab some dinner or actually stop and eat. I called, and she had just gone to sleep at 7:45. She had had no nap during the day, and she's on some medicine for congestion. So, we stopped and ate. Jean was at home plugging away on assignments for her masters' classes.
After getting home around 8:45, Bekah woke up crying around 10 pm. After much holding, she just wouldn't go back in her bed. Finally, I settled down with her in our bed and watched some TV while Bobby did who knows what somewhere else in the house.
We fell asleep (probably around midnight). Bobby put her back in her bed. She woke up at 2:30 am. Would not go back in her bed or back to sleep. I took her in her room and laid with her for a while. Couldn't handle it!! At 4:30 am, Bobby and I switched. He must have got her to go to sleep finally, because he didn't come back in bed till at least 6:30. It is now 9:30 and they are both still sleeping.
As for me, the very uncomfortable pregnant women, I only got 2 hours of sleep, then several hours later, 4 more. I think she was teasing us this week when slept really well, or it was because she was sick. I was wondering how Bobby and I would get back into the hang of this of sleepless nights when this baby comes along. The only difference is that we will not have to get up and go anywhere at 8 am so like I do now. It will be summer!!
Come on Bekah, give Mom and Dad a break. We don't get an afternoon nap every day!!

No comments: