Friday, July 14, 2006

What a Day!!!

No, we did not have another baby!! After the afternoon we had with Bekah, I wanted to put a picture of our precious daughter, and since we don't have a digital camera, and I'm too lazy to go scan a recent one, I had to put this one on from 21 months ago!!!
Anyways, Faithe, Nathan, and I just got back from 4 hours at the hospital with Bekah. She's rehydrated and looking a lot better. Bobby was there for the inserting of the IV, but then he had to go to work.
We started out at a walk-up clinic where they don't put IV's in children as young as Bekah, then we went to St. Joe's hospital where they're "not a pediatric hospital" so they'd probably have to transfer her anyways. We got in the car to go to Central Baptist, but went the wrong way and got to UK first, so we stopped there. After waiting 10 minutes at the window without someone even coming over and talking to us, we left.
We got in the car and considered going home because she was eating ice and some french fries. Bobby called the doctor and he encouraged us to take her to Central Baptist because she hadn't had a wet diaper all morning and really needed some fluid. (she'd been throwing up even the water).
I am really thankful that we went because they did some blood work and found out that she was extremely dehyrdated and needed to have twice as much fluid. After about 1 hour 45 minutes of IV fluid, we were able to go home.
We are now watching Nemo, and Chinese food is on it's way for Mommy, Daddy (when he gets home from work), Aunt Faithe and Uncle Nathan. I'm still a bit frustrated that I wasn't able to get to my Grandma's funeral, (my regent surgery, Bekah being sick, etc.), but I'm really glad that I was here to be with Bekah.
Thanks for all your prayers.

No comments: