Friday, February 16, 2007

Doctor's Appointment


I had my 32 week appointment today, and even though it wasn't exactly what I'd been hoping for (not having to do this Gestational Diabetes diet anymore), it was encouraging and I feel like a bit of a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.
I went to see a different doctor today that I've seen once before while making the "rotation" through all the doctors in the practice because my midwife was not in today. I was so pleased today with him that I am going to go back to him in 2 weeks. I told him about my frustration with getting blood out of my fingers, and since I've been really good and only gone over a few times, he said I can cut down to only testing 2 times per day instead of 4. This is such a blessing!! I'm still going to watch what I'm eating, but I will only have to test 2 times!!
I lost 2 pounds (down to 20 pounds gained) in the last 2 weeks, but he assured me that the baby is getting what it needs no matter what I'm doing.
I still am greatly looking forward to being able to eat more bread, pasta, and sweets. I miss them!! I can only eat so much sugar-free jello and low-carb ice cream.
Thank you for all your prayers!! They have been greatly appreciate and felt here in the Fannin household, especially over the last 4 days!!

I am including a couple pictures from the last few days of silliness with Miss Rebekah.


Trying to knock her penguin over with the weight from her Valentine's balloon, and wearing her bathing suit bottom and skirt on top of her pants.




No comments: