Tuesday, January 22, 2008

I Love My Husband


Top 10 reasons why I love my husband:

1) He is a stay at home dad during the day (when he's not in class a few hours per week) and has established a wonderful relationship with both of our daughters. I hope this continues when they are teenagers.

2) He puts up with my rants. Certain things are very important to me (like keeping the toliet seat and lid down completely when it is not in use) and even though they may not seem very important to him, he tries to make me happy by doing them.

3) He lets me sleep (most of the time) when the girls are up in the middle of the night. He knows I have to go to school and deal with 190+ middle schoolers and need all the sleep/patience I can get. (Don't get me wrong, I usually I wake up, but if it looks as though they're not going to go back to sleep easily, he takes them somewhere else so I can sleep)

4) He usually knows what I'm going to say before I say. I don't have to have lengthy conversations about how I'm feeling and why. He usually already, at least partly, understands.

5) He makes my lunch every morning. This may seem small, but it saves me a good 5-10 minutes every day. There are instances where he forgets something and I'm usually annoyed. My coworkers then remind me that I am very lucky that he gets up and makes it for me.

6) He does the dishes. Now, he doesn't do them every day like I would like, but I rarely do dishes around here. I have others things to do that he doesn't get to do, like laundry.

7) He unloads the dishwasher. Similar to doing the dishes, but must be done every day. I don't mind loading the dishwasher, I actually think of it as a challenge to get as much in as possible, but for some reason I don't like to unload it. If I come home and he's done the dishes, unloaded the dishwasher, and folded the clothes so I can put them away, I am very, very happy!!!

8) He thinks about our finances and how they can be better. We don't live extravagantly at all, but he's always thinking about how we can save more money to pay off our 1 car and our school loans faster.

9) His family very obviously comes first. I am having a stressful year at school and am basically at the point that I will not teach next year. I am going to stay home. It's better for me mentally, emotionally and physically (I've been putting on weight for no reason, Bobby thinks it's stress), and better for our girls. He is willing to do whatever it takes for me to be home. Work three part time jobs, move in with my parents for a year to save to buy a house while searching for a church to work at, work at a church only volunteer and get another job, etc. He sees that I need to stay home and wants to make that happen!

10) He loves (and the girls) me unconditionally!! I can snap at him on the phone after a stressful class, apologize and he forgives immediately. No matter how bad a day I have, he knows that he loves me despite everything. He plays with the girls, gives time outs, deals with potty-training, etc, all in love and never lets how he's feeling affect how he is as a father and husband.

I love you, Bobby!!! Thank you for being my husband and the wonderful husband and father you are!!

4 comments:

Deven said...

Awwwww. It's always nice to read affirming words. Two thumbs up for Bobby!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the good wishes, Paula. I'm still waiting (39 weeks today) and hoping that baby won't have a February birthday. What a nice post about your husband, and your daughters are beautiful!

Rachael

Amanda at Double Stitching said...

That was so sweet! My friend gave me this 31 day challenge that lists specific things to pray for your husband about every day for a month and challenges you to not say anything negative about your husband OR to your husband for the whole month and also try to find something positive to say about or to him every day. I think you have a great start...very inspiring :)

Hope you guys are doing well...sorry to hear that you are having a stressful year :( I know how it goes, Michael was MISERABLE for so long at his school and is so much happier now that he's out. I hope it all works out well for you to be able to stay home. That is important to me too...and I know the financial stuff isn't always easy. We are thinking along those lines as well and it's a challenge. But God will make a way, just trust in Him!

Heather and Scott Karl said...

Good job encouraging your husband, Paula. He sounds incredably supportive and loving!