Saturday, November 10, 2007

The Reason Why we Don't Like our 3-year-old to Nap!

Bekah fell asleep on the couch some time between 2 and 3 pm yesterday. She had had a couple rough sleeping nights where she got up for a while in the middle of the night and then still got up before 8 am. Bobby moved her to the hallway because Sarah was sleeping and he didn't want to wake her up. Bekah slept until almost 5 pm. She didn't fall asleep till after 11:30 pm. We tried reading and singing in Mommy and Daddy's bed from 9-11:30 pm. I'm not sure if she fell asleep right at 11:30. I just know that I turned the bathroom light on so she could see the books she was STILL interested in reading, gave her a kiss, turned over, and said good night.
Bobby was still out doing something on the computer in the kitchen. When he came in, I woke up and asked if she was asleep. (cause she was gone from the bed) He said yes!! This is the reason why we don't let her take naps usually. I would get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING done until she went to bed. I already go to bed around midnight every night doing housework, schoolwork, and spending time with Bobby after he gets home from work. (This usually happens around 8:30 after the girls are in bed. If she stayed up till 11 every night, I would be in shambles!! Bobby gets home between 10:30 and 11 most nights)

With ALL of this said, I am up, and every one else is still sleeping! Better get some breakfast. My tummy is rumbling. :~)

1 comment:

Deven said...

Yikes. She has GOT to get a different sleep schedule! We had parent/teacher conferences this week. Fun times (seriously) because I didn't have to stay the whole time and I only had a handful of conferences.