Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm Back!!!

The last few weeks have been crazy. I already let you know about Sarah having a stomach bug and then Bekah and I proceeded to get the bug 5 days later. It took Bekah several days to get back to normal, but she is finally back to normal.
This past weekend, we went to Ohio. My parents are in the process of doing several things around their house, and this weekend Bobby and Rich were helping my Dad drywall and paint in the garage to get ready for new organizational cabinets.
On the way back, because the girls were a bit cranky in the car, instead of grabbing fast food, we stopped and ate at CiCi's in Florence. Sunday night, when we were going to bed, my stomach was in so much pain. (we think food poisoning) I proceed to be sick every hour for several hours during the night. I did not sleep much. On a normal Monday, I would have just made sub plans and called in for a sub, but it wasn't a normal Monday. The library/media center at my school was hosting an African-American Read In that night and my 8th graders were scheduled to sing "Elijah Rock." I had to go in and work with them and then show up that night to "wave my arms."
I went in at NOON and barely existed through the rest of the day, and showed up that night and helped the kids sing. I fell asleep on the couch at 9:30 pm and woke up and went to bed before Bobby even called to tell me he was on his way home. It really helped on Tuesday at school.
But then..............we had a tornado warning and sirens going off at 1:30 am this morning. I got back to sleep at 2:00 am and then Sarah started crying at 5:00 am. Needless to say, I was tired today!!
And one last complaint, now I am stuffed up!! I am tired of being sick. I think I've had 4 colds this year!!
Well, I will have a happier post another day. Bobby is going to take Bekah to see "The Pirates who don't do Anything" this weekend, and he starts 2 of his last 6 classes next week!! Yeah!!!

No comments: