Sunday, July 09, 2006

Small Update

-My grandma (Paula) has Alzheimers and is going to be 86 soon. She hasn't been eating for a couple weeks and lost 12 pounds. She has also been having some gallbladder issues, but they can't operate because of her other problems. My dad and his siblings decided not to give her artificial nutrition, and then read in her living will that she did not want any artificial nutrition. Before my dad left New York last night, she ate a few bites of food, but we don't know if this is too little, too late. Please pray that if it's God's time, she will be comfortable. I think all my aunts and uncles, as well as my dad, are coping pretty well.

2 comments:

Deven said...

Sorry to hear about your grandma. Hope you continue to recover well. Get as much rest as possible!

Beth said...

Praying for your grandma and your family.