Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Words of Encouragement

Yesterday afternoon was rough. My 7th and 8th grade choirs were not very cooperative.
I didn't get a very good night sleep last night, so I was dreading them today. At lunch time, I remembered some stickers that my friend Amy had given me along with a gift for Bekah around Bekah's 2nd b-day. I pulled them out of my desk and looked over them. 3 really stuck out to me, so I put them on notecards and taped them to my piano where I could glance at them from time to time during rehearsal today. They are not scriptural or anything, but they were very encouraging to me today, and I really had a wonderful afternoon because of it. I thought I'd share them with you.

-Smile often, just for the fun of it!
-Sing your own song in your own special way.
-Live in peace and peace will live in you.

I hope that these encourage you today.

2 comments:

Gene and Annie said...

Isn't it amazing how words can be so powerful!! One of my favorite things is to encourage people through words!! I like the smile one the best!! Also, glad you had a good thanksgiving! I bet you can't wait till Christmas break!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those words! I need them too. We are all sick here and since David isn't sleeping, I'm not either, and I've been sick for over a week now. I like the "smile" quote; I feel extra-cranky when I am sick, so that will really help me :)

Hope that today goes better for you!!