Friday, August 11, 2006

2 sections and 3 days

I have 2 more sections of my first graduate masters class and 3 days to do it in. This is my own requirement, not the class. I want to get it done before school starts on Tuesday so I can work on the "Assertive Discipline" class while I am teaching. (I will not push myself to get the "final" assignment done before Tues. though.)
I have really enjoyed the class, and it has reminded me of several strategies that I learned in college that have been put on the back burner over the last 4 years. I can never imagine being a teacher with one of those life-time licenses where they never have to take any more classes to get better. I've already forgotten so many great things in 4 years. I'm really excited to start using some of the strategies again this school year, starting Tuesday!!!
I am attaching a couple pictures from yesterday, I think. Bekah is wearing a hat we bought in the spring. She found it and was wearing it around. It was so cute. If you're wondering why she's sucking on the ice pack, it's because she loves ice, and this is a lot less messy.


2 comments:

Amanda at Double Stitching said...

Hey chica, you must be doing the same grad stuff Michael did...I know one of his classes was called Assertive Discipline. The vid eos with Lee Cantor? I actually watched them with him, they were pretty interesting! Anyway, to answer your question on my post, we are definitely thinking about babies...I'll keep you posted!

Anonymous said...

That's so cute! I love her little hat.